About the Company
Stellic is the platform to design and manage student pathways in universities and colleges. Stellic solves one of the biggest pain points for college students, advisors and provosts: helping students understand their progress, choose the right courses, and optimize their academic journey. It is changing the way universities look at technologies - from antiquated, static reports to personalized, holistic experiences centered around students.
Since 2017, Stellic has grown from a student project at Carnegie Mellon to a venture-backed San Francisco based company that supports thousands of students at leading institutions including Carnegie Mellon, Columbia University, Johns Hopkins, University of Chicago and University of Oklahoma. Post-COVID, Stellic has crossed 10M student interactions from over 100 countries. We are on track to 5x the number of students and institutional partners served this year and bringing on an incredible HR manager into our engineering office is key for our success.
Stellic's integration team is responsible for developing and maintaining all integrations (ETL) with university systems. For each university partner, Stellic imports information like course catalog, schedule of classes, student course history, etc. In some cases, Stellic may also export information that is helpful for reporting and analytics.
The integration team serves as the primary technical contact on the Stellic side for every partner and is heavily involved in partner meetings from the very beginning of the implementation.
- Technical development
- Developing new integration pipelines (APIs, Feed-based, DB connections, etc.)
- Develop scalable and reusable components for future use
- Help with scaling integration pipelines to keep up with new partners
- Help with technology migrations (Python and Django upgrades)
- Help improve code:
- Bugs/defect rate
- Testing practices/coverage
- Security practices
What You Must Know
- ≥2 year of experience with Python
- Experience in data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL)
- Experience working with SQL Databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with APIs (including authentication mechanisms like OAuth)
- Fluent in English (since we run a distributed team across USA, Canada, and Pakistan)
What You Should Ideally Know
- Experience working with web application frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Experience working with SSO systems
What We Offer
- Be part of the customer-centric team that's affecting the core issues in higher ed via an expandable platform that's overwhelmingly loved by students and valued by administrators
- Opportunity to join at the base-level of a promising startup and build a critical team where you have full liberty to experiment and innovate
- A team of hard-working, ambitious, and caring individuals that will help you learn, grow and have a great experience
- Flexible, outcome-based culture
- Competitive salary & medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- Annual international retreats
Something looks off?