Posted on Monday, January 17, 2022
WorkWhile is on a mission to help workers earn a better living and live better lives. 83 million Americans work hourly jobs, often with unpredictable schedules that pay close to minimum wage and offer limited benefits, leading to financial instability.
WorkWhile identifies the best hourly workers and matches them with shifts that fit their skills, location, and life. Businesses get access to a quality workforce, while workers get stable income and unmatched benefits, including next day pay, free telehealth services, and financial services.
We have the audacious goal to align incentives and solve inefficiencies in the labor market, which is a massive addressable market opportunity.
About the Role
WorkWhile is looking for an operations superstar to lead our launch expansion. As a founding member of the team, you will help shape all aspects of our operations culture and have a hand in key company decisions. You will be responsible for turning the knobs to keep the marketplace humming and will help guide our geographic expansion. You will work closely with engineering, marketing, and data science to provide the best experience to our worker partners.
WorkWhile has a diverse, mission-driven, and supportive culture—we look for people who want to take ownership, are energized by ambiguity, and strive to make a lasting impact. If this resonates with you, we’d love to chat!
- Manage day-to-day marketplace operations, making sure we are matching supply and demand in all of our markets
- Leverage existing and invent new growth tactics to promote shifts to workers
- Collaborate with the data science team to forecast and manage WorkWhile’s future labor needs, understand supply and demand, and help optimize models
- Collaborate with marketing to manage the partner acquisition and re-engagement funnel
- Develop the metrics and dashboards to help balance the marketplace and measure success
- Support account management and sales as a strategic labor strategy partner, including writing decks, performing data analysis, and participating on customer calls
- 2-5+ years experience in management consulting, offline operations, or other similar quantitative, strategic role
- Self-starter able to drive projects to completion who is excited to be on a startup’s founding team
- Delights in creating order from ambiguity
- Comfort with SQL or willingness to learn quickly
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Proven ability to recruit, organize, and lead a team (on the job or in other activities). Just as comfortable interacting with warehouse workers as the board of directors
- Able to communicate with data and work across teams
- Willing to work a shift once a month
- Possess a "yes we can" attitude
- Committed to improving the lives of low-wage workers
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
WorkWhile is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.