Group / Principal Product Manager, AI and Data Product (Remote)
Software Engineering, Product, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
🟢 The Company
Springboard is redefining professional education through immersive, online courses in cutting-edge fields like data, design, and software engineering. Our self-paced, online offerings give anyone, anywhere access to world-class learning resources with an emphasis on project-based learning, industry-relevant curriculum, and tangible outcomes. Spanning direct-to-consumer, University Partnerships, and Springboard for Business, we're ultimately human-centric: each student has 1:1 support from industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, with access to our peer and alumni communities.
What we help students build goes well beyond just skills – we help our students build momentum. Momentum is powerful: it propels us forward, unlocks opportunity, and provides access. It helps us turn fear into confidence, difficulty into certainty, and progress into reality. It helps us lead better lives. Momentum is what our human-guided career advancement platform can create at scale. This is our purpose.
🟢 The Opportunity
We are looking for a talented and driven Group or Principal Product Manager, AI and Data Product to be a key player in our product organization. This person will work with a team of high-performing PMs, analysts, engineers, and cross-functional business teams to enhance our data science, machine learning, and generative AI capabilities that drive new products and experiences across multiple users and business channels.
- Play a key leadership role in product; Manage, coach, and mentor team members on machine learning and statistical concepts
- Enable Springboard to better understand how the company can evolve its thinking related to Generative AI, machine learning, data mining, and/or natural language processing to generate learner outcomes and business value.
- Democratize AI across the company to support a diverse set of use cases (e.g., help identify customer/learner needs, create business cases for projects or products, etc.)
- Develop strategies for feature engineering and synthetic data generation to provide better and faster ways of reaching conclusions with limited data sets
- Be the strategic lead on telemetry and instrumentation regarding how data is collected for analytics use-cases and work with various teams to implement
- Be the subject matter expert on modern applied machine learning techniques and technology
- Proactively and constructively question the status quo, and influence change within the organization to enable growth
- Make logical recommendations and drive informed actions
- Partner with internal teams (Data, Program Ops, Marketing & Sales, etc.) on experiments and research initiatives, including experiment design, measurement, analysis of results, and interpretation of findings
- Have 4+ years of relevant experience with a minimum of two years in data analytics, machine learning, and/or product management
- Have 1+ years of experience managing a Data Analyst and/or Product Manager and leading execution on relevant data or product projects
- Are practiced with data visualization tools and creating mission-critical dashboards to enable functional teams to make decisions
- Are a proficient Python programmer; Preference for someone with experience with BigQuery and Google Cloud Platform.
- Have experience sourcing and managing contractors to delegate work
- Demonstrated ability to apply findings from scientific research in practical settings
🟢 Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $147,000 - $159,000 USD annually for candidates outside the San Francisco Bay Area. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related considerations.
- Equity: Ownership is one of our values and each full-time employee has the opportunity to invest in Springboard via a stock option (equity) grant after they vest.
- Equipment: We’ll provide a company MacBook and one-time $500 employee effectiveness stipend to set up your home office..
- Time off: We offer flexible, unlimited PTO, 10 paid holidays, and company-wide Wellness Days.
- Remote work flexibility: as part of our hybrid approach to work, we offer the option to travel and work around the world for up to 90 days per year. We also host (remote-enabled) global company gatherings, department offsites, and/or visits to our San Francisco HQ.
- Health + Wellness: Choose from a range of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans (premiums start at $0/month) and access 12 company-sponsored therapy and coaching sessions annually via Modern Health.
- Parental Benefits: Adding to your family? So exciting! We offer all new parents 12 weeks’ paid bonding leave, plus up to 6 additional weeks for birth parents (additional state benefits may apply).
The Springboard team of 250 embraces a hybrid approach to work, with headquarters in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Apply anyway: at Springboard, we believe in the value of transferable skills and non-traditional experience. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.