Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Please note: Springboard is only able to consider candidates located in the following US states: Arizona, California, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, or Texas.
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
This is a remote-flexible role that will report directly to the Controller. The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in establishing, managing and actively participating in the accounting cycle while helping design new processes that leverage technology to drive efficiency as the Company scales. This individual will be a foundational member of the Finance team in helping to develop scalable operational accounting and month-end close processes.
$117,000 - $145,000 USD per year
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
- Directly collaborate with the Controller in managing complex accounting processes, revenue transactions, and account reconciliations during the month-end accounting close cycle
- Manage workflow and be the first point of contact for the accounting team and external advisors, with a focus on process improvements and increasing efficiency in the close process
- Lead critical accounting projects, including being a subject matter expert for cross functional groups
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Perform expense and revenue flux analysis to understand the primary drivers of the business
- Support and develop continual improvement and implementation of internal controls throughout functional accounting processes
- 6+ years of years accounting experience; experience at venture-backed startup or in the SaaS industry strongly preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA with a minimum of 3 years in public accounting required
- Experience in a high-growth startup
- Strong experience with Netsuite
- Equity/stock plan administration experience a plus
- International experience in consolidation, managing outsourced accounting, and technical (e.g., tax, transfer pricing) preferable
- Strong process improvement skills; proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Office and presentation software
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail, independent operator with a sharp eye for problems that can navigate ambiguity and ask for help when needed
- Highly organized executor with ability to juggle multiple tasks and ruthlessly prioritize in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Thoughtful and proactive communicator, holds others accountable to drive results
- Creative problem solver, quickly designs high-impact solutions
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Springboard
Something looks off?