Strategy & Planning Manager - Supply Operations
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
This role is reporting directly to our Senior Director within Supply Operations. At Preply we boast the largest and most diverse Tutor base across all online language learning platforms and our Tutors play a pivotal role in achieving our goal of unlocking human potential through learning. We are constantly pushing the boundaries, conducting hundreds of AB tests, and identifying opportunities to enhance the experience for both our students and tutors.
As a Strategy & Planning Manager - Supply, you will play a critical role in driving the growth and success of the Supply Chapter. At Preply, the Supply Operations team strives to empower Tutors to deliver exceptional learning outcomes. We help Tutors connect with learners around the world, make a living doing what they love, and support them in continuously improving their skills. You will leverage your strategy toolkit and project management abilities to drive business performance and position us as the #1 choice for Tutors in the EdTech space.
The successful candidate will support Preply in achieving its ambitious goals by identifying new ways to enable Tutors to be high performing and engaging on our platform.
As a Strategy & Planning Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for target setting, forecasting and managing the Supply Business Plan
- Lead key strategic initiatives that drive high impact across Preply’s Tutor base. Examples include evolving our commission model, Tutor pricing and availbility opportunities, developing Tutor qualification criteria, and more.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements and ensure alignment with growth objectives.
- Provide insights and recommendations on market positioning, product differentiation, and competitive strategies.
- Assess and prioritize new market segments, product offerings,and partnerships based on market potential and business impact.
- Conduct regular data-driven analysis and research to identify areas of improvement and new growth initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- Five years experience in inhouse strategy, top-tier management consulting or similar.
- EdTech or Big Tech experience are highly appreciated.
- Demonstrated experience leading highly impactful projects cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create compelling presentations and reports for executive audiences.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information into actionable insights.
- Ability to simplify complex problems, create pragmatic solutions, and find shortcuts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate collaborative relationships across different teams and levels of seniority
- Customer-centric, empathetic mindset with excellent listening skills.
- Passion for education and a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the EdTech industry.
- This role will be based out of our Barcelona hub! If you're open to relocation, this is something we can support on.
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health;
- The opportunity to unlock the potential of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.