Senior Data Scientist - Insights (Marketing Growth)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
We have an outstanding data science organization, with a mission to enable the highest quality decision-making. We work throughout the company - in the product, business, and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Preply.
You’ll be embedded in cross-functional teams and work closely with our MarTech Product Manager, Marketeers, Tech Leads and Data Strategy teams.
Visit our Tech Radar to learn about the technologies we use at Preply!
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for our end-to-end attribution through optimal tracking and incrementality testing with a focus on mobile and App tracking;
- Define and audit all marketing tracking across networks (GAds, Meta, Bing, GAC..) including server-to-server. Establish the required governance processes;
- Drive the implementation of the best configuration to extract maximum value from our measurement and analytics partners (Adjust, Incrmntal) ;
- Coordinate incrementality tests to inform the true value of our channels. You will define conditions for success and perform the concluding analysis to evaluate the channel performance;
- Continuously monitor the data-privacy ecosystem and develop solutions to continue to enable the evaluation of tactical campaigns as well as budget allocation decisions;
- Regularly review the performance of our marketing mix and advise on optimization strategies to allocate budget to the areas with the highest growth potential and ROI.
- All of the above will be done in close collaboration with MarTech, Marketing and Data Strategy teams.
What you need to succeed:
- Extensive experience as Data Scientist/Analyst focused on Performance Marketing Optimization;
- Experience with experimentation platforms;
- Creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new solutions;
- Strong curiosity, problem solving and problem finding skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of quantitative fields (statistics, mathematics, etc.);
- Proficiency with analytical tools like R/Python and familiarity with SQL.
Nice to have:
- Experience with causal inference techniques;
- Knowledge of different marketing channels and measurement frameworks;
- Experience with tracking definition;
- Knowledge of app marketing;
- Previous experience with Databricks;
- Knowledge of Amplitude, Mixpanel or other product analytics tools;
- Knowledge of coordination tools (Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, etc.);
- Previous experience in Marketplaces and/or digital businesses.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.