TA Lead - Tech & Product
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
The Preply TA team plays a pivotal role in the success of our business, as they are responsible for bringing exceptional talent who can deliver game changing products to our learners and tutors. They work as true Talent Partners with the business; effectively working with stakeholders on understanding their needs, mapping and finding top talent on the market, and building great processes to select and bring onboard the right hire. They are not afraid to challenge, to make sure we keep perfecting what we’re doing. Culture is critical for us, so TA Partners are culture carriers; directly responsible for finding talent that will add to our culture.
We are now looking to bring a TA Lead - Tech & Product onboard, who will have the pleasure of leading, guiding and coaching our amazing team of TA partners. You will be responsible for building and implementing innovative recruiting strategies to attract top talent, while constantly thinking about how we get more efficient and effective in our processes and ways of working. If you’re a bit of a data geek, you know how to build strong relationships with stakeholders, you have a passion for Technology as well as people, and you’re not afraid to think outside the box to establish Preply as a top employer for the best Tech & Product talent out there - this might be the perfect role for you.
This position reports into the Head of TA and needs to be based in our largest hub Barcelona (relocation provided).
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the team and coach and support them so they develop their skills;
- Owning the recruitment strategy for Tech, Product, Data and Design hiring;
- Together with the people team finding the best ways to run workforce planning and prioritization so we focus on both the right long term as well as short term hires;
- Regularly deep diving into data & analytics, updating stakeholders on TA progress, flagging and proactively finding solutions to possible issues;
- Effectively using feedback from both candidates and the business to continuously improve our processes and deliver an excellent candidate experience;
- Being the guardian of Greenhouse, making sure the data is always updated and accurate and we effectively measure recruiting KPIs;
- Working on making Preply an employer of choice for Tech & Product talent via recruitment marketing, events, and leveraging internal talent to become our brand ambassadors;
- When needed owning end to end recruitment for certain business critical roles;
- Working effectively with the rest of the TA & People team on projects such as employer brand, tooling, sourcing, data & reporting, interview training etc.
What you need to succeed:
- Proven experience as a TA Lead in a high-growth tech environment, hands on experience leading TA partners
- A passion and interest in the tech and product landscape, following industry trends
- Demonstrated success in recruiting top-tier tech and product talent
- Super strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels. Able to navigate a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and a passion for optimizing processes using data effectively
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Not in Barcelona? We offer an attractive relocation package to join us in our Preply Barcelona Hub
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health;
- The opportunity to unlock the potential of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.