Sales Development Representative (DACH)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the Preply Business team!
Preply recently launched a Business solution that is growing exponentially and that should represent a substantial part of our business in the coming years. We offer companies a flexible and effective way to upskill and give more confidence to their employees with languages.
As we grow, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative to join the team and help us grow in the DACH market. You will be responsible for increasing the number of outbound activities with the purpose of scheduling meetings with potential clients. Other duties will include market research, developing regional prospecting strategies and pitches, and identifying new business opportunities. The position will report to the SDR Team Lead of the respective region.
What you'll be doing:
- Have detailed knowledge of the Preply Enterprise offerings.
- Identify pain and understand the needs of the potential clients based on ICP criteria.
- Reach out to prospects through various channels (following Preply Sales playbook guidelines) to schedule meetings for our Account Executives.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Account Executive in prospecting and strategizing big accounts
- Support the Sales team to attain quarterly revenue goals by scheduling meetings with outbound leads.
- Qualifying new leads: This is your nr 1 task! You'll use our own sales qualification framework and learn MEDDIC methodology to ensure leads meet the criteria required to move forward in our sales funnel.
- Be an important member of the team whose insights matter - one of our core values is Collaboration and we value your inputs to keep perfecting!
What you need to succeed:
- Native German and Fluent English speaker
- Proficiency in cold calling, email personalization and being multi-threaded across different channels
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management at prospective accounts.
- Empathy, curiosity, attention to detail, business mindset and friendliness
- Good self-organization and time management skills
- Motivation to develop your skills and grow your career!
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance
- Access to free mental health support platforms
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health
- Flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona.
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.