SMB Account Executive (Italy)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
Preply Business partners with hundreds of clients globally to bring personalized, needs-based language training to the workforce. Companies such as Cloudpay, Delivery Hero, Veeam and Ferrari trust Preply to empower their teams to speak with confidence at work - whether collaborating internally, communicating clearly when expanding into new markets, or as a way to develop new personal & professional skills. Over the past year we’ve grown by over 300%, and now as we continue our journey of scaling even higher, we are seeking an ambitious, driven Account Executive to help us grow.
As an Account Executive for the Italian Market you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our SMB business. You will make an impact by driving new business growth in your sales territory through a combination of account based selling and prospecting within your named accounts. Crucially, you will serve as the face of Preply Business for prospective clients. Supported by your sales leadership, you will build and execute an ambitious strategy for growth in your territory, and collaborate closely with the sales development, marketing, and customer success teams that make up the Preply Business sales ecosystem to achieve your goals.
We are looking for customer-centric people, consultative sellers, and self-starters excited by the chance to learn and grow in an ambitious EdTech startup environment. This is a hybrid role Based in sunny Barcelona!
What you’ll be doing:
- Generate new business opportunities within your sales territory through a multi-touch engagement plan, including traditional prospecting, social-selling and attending live events (as needed).
- Manage a sales pipeline of qualified leads from inbound and outbound channels, working the full sales-cycle from first needs discovery to successful close
- Collaborate with your assigned SDR leading an account based selling motion.
- Develop a deep understanding of each prospect’s business needs in order to communicate a customized solution tailored to their desired business outcomes
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers who are responsible for the learning and development needs of their teams across your key accounts
- Negotiate and close deals to achieve your quarterly business revenue targets
- Develop yourself as a thought leader and trusted advisor in the world of EdTech
What you need to succeed:
- Fully fluent in English and Italian
- Experience as an Account Executive and/or SDR with ability to close, or Business Development, in B2B SaaS companies (1-2 years)
- Experience prospecting and selling across the Italian market
- Demonstrated experience in web demos through Zoom/ Microsoft Teams
- Short sales cycle experience (1-3 months);
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively articulate our value proposition as part of an overall business solution
- Experience with tech stack (such as Salesforce, Outreach)
- Hands-on positive attitude, ambitious and passionate
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health
- The opportunity to unlock the potential of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.