Senior Corporate IT Engineer
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
In Corporate IT, we're dedicated to elevating Preply's internal infrastructure, empowering users for peak productivity. We bring flair to the workplace, ensuring a seamless blend of efficient tools and style!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead IT operations and user support, including access management, device management, onboarding and offboarding processes, etc.
- Automation: Offering guidance and support for streamlining routine tasks, promoting a more efficient workload, and enhancing scalability with ease.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Create and uphold comprehensive documentation for supported applications, processes, and training materials, fostering a resourceful repository for both internal employees and IT staff.
- Help maintain and improve our cloud infrastructure (Okta & Jamf).
- Lead and collaborate on Corporate IT projects and goals.
- Engage in collaborative efforts to define and track Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), fostering alignment and shared achievement.
- Work closely with the team to enhance end-user support, ensuring a collaborative and efficient approach to addressing user needs.
What you need to succeed:
- 5 years of experience within a similar scope
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure tools for corporate use (Okta, Jamf etc.)
- Demonstrate robust automation skills, showcasing expertise in identifying, planning, and seamlessly implementing automation within our systems to enhance scalability.
- Coding experience in languages like Bash, Python or Powershell
- Proven expertise in effectively managing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Able to work autonomously while taking ownership of projects
- Strong communication skills in English (our team features more than 25 nationalities)
- The ability to focus on what counts, creating simple solutions to deliver fast results
- A passion for learning and a desire for self-improvement
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health
- The opportunity to unlock the potential of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.