Data Scientist - Insights (Customer Support)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
At Preply, we are constantly running hundreds of AB tests, each with specific tracking and analytic requirements. This, along with the wide scope of our product and the sophistication of the tutor/learner interactions, makes for some rewarding challenges. Visit our Tech Radar to learn about the technologies we use at Preply!
We have an outstanding data science organization, with a mission to enable the highest quality decision-making. We work throughout the company - in the product, business, and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Preply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Master the dynamics of tutors/learners interaction and the economics of Preply’s marketplace;
- Own Customer Support data end-to-end, from analyzing the impact of our policies and make recommendations, to developing agents' forecasting models, measuring the impact of product features and initiatives in order to identify growth opportunities and help prioritize our roadmap;
- Produce thorough data analytics of customer behavior and product usage, effectively communicating them to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Be a flexible data leader across the whole Customer Support spectrum;
- Partner with the Customer Support team leads to develop and refine the Customer Support function within the learners/tutors journey;
- Contribute to the development of analytics libraries and frameworks;
- Collaborate with the Data Strategy team to define standards and best practices as well as sharing knowledge and capabilities across the team;
- Build relationships and collaborate with other data and/or technical leaders;
- Work with the Data Engineering team to model data in our Data Warehouse and productionize your data pipelines, including third party tools integrations;
- Work closely with our BI experts to develop effective data visualizations, reports and dashboards.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience as a Data Scientist (5+ years' experience);
- Previous experience in Customer Support data teams in Marketplaces and/or digital businesses (B2B, B2C, B2B2C);
- Good and broad understanding of data analysis concepts such as (but not limited to) conversion, LTV, cohort analysis, retention, etc.;
- Strong curiosity, problem solving and problem finding skills;
- Creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new hypotheses;
- Knowledge of quantitative fields (statistics, mathematics, etc.);
- High level of self-organization, ownership, and responsibility;
- Good written and verbal communication skills. C1 English level is a must.
Nice to have:
- Experience with A/B testing frameworks;
- Knowledge of Looker, Amplitude, Databricks or other BI tools;
- Knowledge of coordination tools (Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, etc.);
- Knowledge of version controlling tools (GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.