Senior Product Designer (Product-Led Growth)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Design at Preply
At Preply, we know learning with the right tutor can be life-changing. Helping to change the lives of people is an amazing opportunity and a big responsibility. It takes a large, diverse, multidisciplinary team to create a learning product, and Design is at the very heart of that team.
Preply’s Design mission is to deliver the most beautiful language-learning experience in the world. As the poet once wrote, “Beauty is truth. Truth is beauty.” We take this definition to heart. We craft beautiful surfaces that delight our users and inspire them to learn and teach. But we also dive deep and go beyond surface beauty, to uncover the truth behind our users’ needs and motivations. By combining all of this, we create holistic experiences that help our users achieve their goals.
To achieve our mission, we need the best designers out there. We need creative thinkers, great product "detectives", and people who care about their impact on the world.
Learning is about more than achieving a goal or performing a task. It's a journey of self-discovery and improvement. That's why at Preply we talk about "learning journeys": we think the metaphor of a "journey" captures the essence of the transformation that learners go through. They start in one place, end in another, and are changed in the process.
And, just like in a real-life journey, there are amazing moments that learners should be able to share with the people they care about: moments of pride, moments of achievement, moments worth celebrating. As the Product-Led Growth designer, you will help learners uncover and share these moments with the world, while simultaneously spreading the word about the power of Preply in the process.
Your work will help motivate today's learners to complete their journeys and inspire future learners to begin their own.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating closely with product and engineering peers, you will own and perfect this make or break segment of a learner’s journey.
- You will also partner with your Growth designers to ensure a coherent, consistent and delightful experience for all new learners from the moment they arrive to the moment they commit to learning with a tutor
- Finally, you will play an important role in Preply’s larger design and product org by contributing to Preply’s Design System and helping create a bespoke, app-centric Preply Design Language
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 4+ years of professional Product Design experience
Compelling, proven professional experience as a product designer.
Experience in conducting and leading research, and leveraging insights to do excellent product “detective” work.
Strong communication skills to effectively present your work and bring key stakeholders on board. You are confident in your ideas but open to learning from others.
You have experience handing off work to engineers, the dedication and focus to work alongside them to ensure high quality design on launch.
You have the drive to share work early and often, and to foster a mindset of collective ownership and effort. You leave the ego at the door.
As a plus, we value any experience working on the “seller side” (e.g. content creators, sellers, advertisers, …) of marketplaces, as well as experience using emotional design to deliver “delightful” experiences
A portfolio to help us understand your skills and experience as a designer.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.