Manager - Customer Success - NAMER
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the Preply Business team!
Preply recently launched a Business solution that is growing exponentially and that should represent a substantial part of our business in the coming years. We offer companies a flexible and effective way to upskill their employees and give them more confidence with languages.
As the Manager of our Americas (US+CAN) CS team, you will lead a team responsible for ensuring our customers are successful with Preply. The Manager of Customer Success will bring customer-facing experience to develop and maintain a high performing team of Customer Success Managers. Customer Success Managers (Account Managers) will support our customers through development and sustainment of key relationships and be responsible for delivering value and outcomes, driving adoption, influencing expansion and renewals, and cultivating customer advocacy.
The Manager will manage the Customer Success lifecycle through playbooks, best practices, and industry benchmarks. You will work collaboratively with Sales, Onboarding, Operations, Marketing and Product Management to increase the customers’ success rates with Preply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and manage a team of Customer Success Managers in the US, Canada and LATAM to ensure customer success and satisfaction with our products.
- Manage a structured rhythm of business inclusive of planning, processes, tracking and monitoring Customer Success practices
- Formulate joint success plans with customer stakeholders and your team to define business outcomes with mutually agreed upon ROI benefits
- Develop tactics, objectives and key results, activities, and milestones to deliver the Success Plan
- Identify key risks and barriers and own risk management and mitigation
- Monitor customer health metrics and proactively identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Provide guidance to team members on best practices, product usage, and feature adoption.
- Handle escalations and work with the relevant teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Develop and implement customer success strategies and initiatives that align with company goals and objectives.
- Analyze customer data and feedback to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Communicate customer feedback and requirements to product and engineering teams to inform product development and improvement.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to team members to ensure they are meeting performance goals and achieving individual and team objectives.
- Oversee the customer lifecycle to proactively drive adoption and ensure ongoing client satisfaction and retention
- At the account portfolio level, work closely with your team on proactive renewal motions focusing on closing renewals in month/quarter, hold team accountable for QBRs, cadences, validate get-well plans for at risk customers
- Help establish retention, adoption and expansion playbooks.
- Ensure accountability on activities/tasks to be completed, QBRs, Customer health scores in place
- Conduct regular review of red accounts with cross team collaboration.
- Partner with Rev Ops team to ensure design and reporting requirements to operationalize CSM requirements
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years of experience as a Team lead managing a customer success teams / account management teams
- Experience in leading, managing, and training high-performing CSM team that has a high retention and expansion attainment
- Experience building success plans, utilization/Adoption playbooks, churn analysis playbooks etc.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Familiarity with tools like Salesforce, Catalyst, Gainsight etc.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance
- Access to free mental health support platforms
- Flexible set-up in NY
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.
As part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion philosophy, we are very committed to promote pay equity and reduce the gender pay gap in the industry. With that said, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine the final offer. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, skills, and experience to get it right. In same cases, there is flexibility in terms of job level within the same job post. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The overall market range for roles in this area of Preply in NYC is typically USD 95,000 - USD110,000. This market range does not include stock options which are granted to all Preplers. We behave like co-owners and we're rewarded as co-owners