Social Media Manager
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
Our Social Media Managers plays an important role to support Preply's branding and digital presence, by planning, coordinating and implementing the strategy of our social medias. They interact with cross-functional partners in the Performance Marketing, Brand Strategists, Copy and Creative team to guarantee we can achieve the best results and impact for the company, while amaze our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the first member of the social media team: help Preply build and leverage this channel
- Pioneer new social media channels and strategies to ensure Preply’s social media presence aligned with marketing best practices
- Develop and execute creative and engaging social media strategies (Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Snap)
- Write and produce other types of content, including copy, audio and video
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels, adapting content to suit different channels
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms
- Create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms
- Work alongside with several marketing and product teams to maximize efficiency of social media strategies to achieve marketing goals.
- Develop, launch and manage new campaigns that promote Preply and its brand
- Undertake audience research
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms
- Analyse competitors’ activity on social media
- Set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement on social media
- Manage a budget for social media activities
What you need to succeed:
- Deep hands-on knowledge of social media marketing (Youtube / Facebook & Instagram or others), current techniques, and technologies acquired through 3+ years of experience in Social Media Management.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team would be a plus
- Well versed in using analytics tools and listening tools to pick up trends that can form part of our comms strategy.
- Strong project management skills: Experience in the creation and agile execution of a social media plan which sets out how the strategy will be executed
- Self-starter: Experience and proven track record of successfully growing social media accounts from the ground up.
- Creative: Experience in running social media campaigns to organically growth social media channels.
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to analyze, synthesize, and communicate critical data and adjust strategies as needed
- Good interpersonal and communication skills: High level of emotional intelligence, ownership, and accountability
- You are result-oriented and competitive: You love data and people
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.