Strategy & Operations Specialist
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
At Preply, the Strategy team does more than just slides, we go deep into the most impactful initiatives and work alongside the different teams to deliver meaningful impact for Preply. We also work closely with the leadership team in shaping the company's strategic direction. You will leverage your analytical skills, market insights, and strategic thinking to drive business performance and position us as a leader in the EdTech space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with the Leadership Team to define and execute the company's strategic vision, growth initiatives, and operational priorities.
- Lead the OKR process company-wide and work with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful execution of key initiatives, track progress, and report on results.
- Drive operational excellence by implementing and optimizing processes, workflows, and systems across various departments.
- Conduct thorough market research and analysis to identify growth opportunities, emerging trends, and competitive landscape in the EdTech industry.
- Provide insights and recommendations on market positioning, product differentiation, and competitive strategies.
- Conduct regular data-driven analysis to identify areas of improvement and recommend optimization strategies.
- Prepare and coordinate materials for board meetings, investor presentations, and other high-profile events.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Leadership Team, with focus on driving change and delivering impact for Preply.
- Support Preply achieve its ambitious goals and create new ways of working to help us scale.
What you need to succeed:
- Three years experience in a strategic role such as Chief of Staff, Strategy Consultant, or similar, preferably within a fast-paced startup environment.
- EdTech or Big Tech experience are highly appreciated.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create compelling presentations and reports for executive audiences.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information into actionable insights.
- Ability to simplify complex problems, create pragmatic solutions, and find shortcuts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate collaborative relationships across different teams and levels of seniority
- Customer-centric, empathetic mindset with excellent listening skills.
- Passion for education and a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the EdTech industry.
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.