At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
Our Creative Studio is a multidisciplinary team of Copywriters, Brand and Motion Designer, Art Directors, Videographers and Photographers that is developing and elevating Preply's branding. Currently, we are going through an exciting re-branding that will enhance how we communicate with our audience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive copy and tone of voice strategy that aligns with the new brand's guidelines.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, design, and other teams to ensure a unified brand message and consistent storytelling across all touchpoints.
- Conceptualize and create high-quality, persuasive, and on-brand copy for various mediums, including but not limited to advertisements, website content, social media, email campaigns, and more.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to continuously evolve and enhance our content strategies.
- Partner with the Creative Director to define the best strategies for the Creative Studio team to achieve the best results on craft, performance and productivity.
- Lead a team of talented copywriters, providing mentorship, guidance, and setting them up for success.
What you need to succeed:
- 8 years of experience as a Copywriter, in both agency and in-house teams, with a proven track record of creating engaging content for a variety of platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Performance Marketing and how to use data to measure the impact of your work and the success of campaigns.
- Experience defining and executing the long-term copy strategy for a brand.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with an eye for detail and a strong command of grammar and syntax.
- 3 years of experience in a managerial or leadership position, with a demonstrated ability to inspire and guide a team to success.
- A portfolio showcasing a range of work, including samples of copy for different industries and mediums.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, concise, and compelling copy.
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.
As part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion philosophy, we are very committed to promote pay equity and reduce the gender pay gap in the industry. With that said, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine the final offer. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, skills, and experience to get it right. In same cases, there is flexibility in terms of job level within the same job post. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The overall market range for roles in this area of Preply in NYC is typically USD 175,000 - 120,000. This market range does not include stock options which are granted to all Preplers. We behave like co-owners and we're rewarded as co-owners.