Senior / Principal Product Manager B2B
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
As a product team, our goal is to improve the life of our students and our tutors, drive a genuine learning outcome for our learners and enable our tutors to earn a living through the platform. And we want to do this all the while generating business value for Preply, so we can help even more people! We strongly believe that we can't achieve business success without our students' and tutors' success.
Preply is a product led company, as a Product Manager, you will have a direct impact on the company's growth and strategy with high visibility to our C-suite and leadership team. As such, you will be empowered to operate independently with a dedicated cross functional team, to bring amazing products to life from inception to launch!
With great power comes great responsibility, our product managers have genuine end-to-end accountability for their area, with varied areas of responsibility, such as: setting the long term vision and strategy for the squad, conceptualizing the product(s), driving the daily execution with the team, launching and analyzing the impact of your product on our customers.
The matching team represents the first interaction that our customers have with the platform, and this is why Matching is so crucial to the customer lifecycle. The Matching squad is responsible for making sure the match between our students and tutors is perfect. For this reason, The matching team is arguably one of the most important product teams at Preply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primary goal: To create an amazing experience that will help our first time users find the best match for them within our tutor base to reach their learning goals
- Shape our future: Define and deliver a truly unique and amazing search funnel experience, from the home page all the way to the checkout page.
- Think big: Create a one-of-a-kind experience which inspires students to start learning with Preply and to refer other students.
- Create a holistic experience: Work closely with our marketing and supply team to create a truly amazing end to end experience.
- Be a leader: Inspire the team with a vision and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life. Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through deep customer insight, research, and data
- Be an owner: Own features end-to-end, including determining customer needs, defining product requirements, driving execution, making thoughtful product decisions, and sharing insights and results throughout the company
- Be data driven: Analyze and make nuanced use of data, through our in-house tool, to evaluate the business impact of new features and experiences
- Understand our users: Talk to our customers, understand their deepest problems and needs.
- What this role is not: We are not looking for Pixel pusher / box mover / color changer. We expect the successful candidate to truly empathize with our users and to challenge the status quo to completely re-imagine the experience for our users.
What you need to succeed:
- You have substantial experience in product management.
- You have delivered compelling and high-converting user-facing experiences
- You ideally have experience both building new products from scratch and optimizing existing products (e.g. conversion rate optimization).
- You have experience building a product in a fast paced, and rapid growth environment.
- You possess the ability to support multiple initiatives at different phases of development.
- You have experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products to global markets.
- You possess strong analytical abilities and live and breathe data
- You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know every step of the funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests.
- You care about the users using your product, and value quantitative data.
- You’re a natural leader. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com;
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development;
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona, or working remotely within a close time zone;
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching.
But there’s more. At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world. You’ll get to be a part of our online learning innovation!
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and B2B products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 500+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US.
We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we say:
Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.
As part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion philosophy, we are very committed to promote pay equity and reduce the gender pay gap in the industry. With that said, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine the final offer. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, skills, and experience to get it right. In same cases, there is flexibility in terms of job level within the same job post. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The overall market range for roles in this area of Preply in NYC is typically $145,000- $200,000. This market range does not include stock options which are granted to all Preplers. We behave like co-owners and we're rewarded as co-owners.