Sales Development Representative (Remote - West Coast)
Sales & Business Development
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Reporting to the Sales Development and Enablement Manager, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) will join a strong Sales Team that values collaboration, communication, and transparency selling the PeopleGrove platform that connects students and alumni with the network and resources they need to realize their full potential before, during, and after their time in college to buyers responsible for improving the student higher education experience. The SDR researches prospective customers, and qualifies, disqualifies, or places prospects into nurture queues using a prescribed lead management process. The SDR is accountable for researching strong-fit institutions/organizations and filling the top of the sales pipeline with quality sales-ready leads for the sales team to pursue.
SDRs foster prospective customer outreach (via email, cold calls, social media, and other creative channels), conduct market research, and maintain appropriate level of knowledge regarding the company’s cultural resources, technology solutions, and service offerings. The SDR will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use business acumen to identify how PeopleGrove could help them with their needs, and successfully position the PeopleGrove value proposition. The SDR also qualifies inbound leads that come from the Marketing Department by aligning customer business objectives to the company’s solutions. The SDR will continue to nurture relationships with those prospects who aren't ready to buy through the use of the phone, email, and social media.
The SDR will source early-stage sales qualified leads and schedule meetings for Account Executives (AEs) to begin the sales process. The SDR is expected to meet assigned goals while also ensuring a positive prospective customer outreach experience. The sDR function is critical to building a strong pipeline and ensuring the company meets its revenue targets. The SDR allocates 30% to outbound prospecting/receiving direction from AEs, 30% to inbound activities primarily responding to Marketing Qualified Leads, and 40% researching buyers in higher education institutions and other education-related organizations.
Uncover, qualify, and develop sales opportunities for New Sales for all PeopleGrove products and services.
Advancement into an Account Executive (AE) role and other growth-oriented roles within PeopleGrove.
- Access, research, and qualify leads for new business, expansion, and new market opportunities
- Maintain a high level of expertise on PeopleGrove’s higher education industry solutions.
- Collaborate with AEs, the Marketing Department, and other internal teams to exchange selling strategies and execute campaigns
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Support all lead generation campaigns executed by the Marketing Department.
- Research institutional organizational charts and reporting structures to identify key stakeholders and decision makers
- Conduct multi-channel outreach to potential customers using email, call, social and other channels
- Consistently follow up and nurture potential customers with personalized, value-add messaging
- Follow established cadence for daily outreach estimated between 30-40 outreach attempts per day
- Once contact is made, probe for challenges, cite relevant use cases and case studies, and understand and address objections
- Schedule sales meetings with qualified Leads from Marketing and multiple databases (Salesforce, Hubspot, LinkedIn)
- Record activity data and keep records up-to-date in Salesforce
- Adhere to email hygiene best practices
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Relevant phone selling experience is a plus.
- Results-oriented mindset, with ability to achieve sales objectives and targets.
- Capable of in-depth research and ability to prospect new account opportunities.
- Persistent, self-disciplined, confident, competitive, and organized.
- Comfortable in cold-calling and managing resistance and pushback from prospects. Demonstrates active listening skills.
- Capable of quickly learning service offerings and products to communicate the company's value proposition to potential customers. Demonstrates effectiveness in linking services to potential customer needs.
- Proficient in Google Workspace (e.g., Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Drive, Docs, Sheets).
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Marketing Automation tools is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable and coachable.
At PeopleGrove, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
PeopleGrove is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 650-584-3400.
See more open positions at PeopleGrove
Something looks off?