Customer Engagement Specialist - Mississippi
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Job SummaryOur Paper Professional Learning Specialists are essential in promoting what is possible when students have equitable 24/7 academic support.
As a member of the Professional Learning Team, you will spread brand awareness by facilitating engaging sessions that drive student adoption and create Paper champions across the nation!
We are an enthusiastic, collaborative team that enjoys sharing ideas and best practices. We are looking for an energetic and forward-thinking individual that understands the K-12 industry in today’s ever-changing landscape.
Please Note: This is a part-time contract role. This is not a remote opportunity, as you will need to make on-site visits.
- Lead in-person workshops and informational sessions, that will build excitement and spread Paper brand awareness across district communities
- Facilitate teacher enablement trainings, virtually and in-person, that educate teachers and administrators about Paper implementation at the classroom and site level
- Co-create teacher resources and lesson activities that support educators using Paper as an instructional tool in and out of the classroom
- Grow and nurture relationships with key Paper champions and teachers on the ground by providing teacher groups with the most up to date resources
- Manage project deadlines, content creation, and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Help expand our grassroots approach to experiential teacher education and district-wide engagement
- Comfortable speaking in front and engaging with large groups
- Has 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in education
- Has working knowledge of K-12 education industry
- Proficient in using Twitter and staying current on social media platforms and trends
- Outgoing individual with strong communication skills who is energized by engaging with customers, especially teacher and parent communities
- Must be high energy and able to build excitement with customers
- A self-starter who loves a challenge and a strong team player who loves to collaborate
- Taught or attended school within Mississippi
- Experience leading professional development within a district
- Led virtual gamified events within a school district
- Experience creating content on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
Location - Mississippi: You may cover any school in the district and must have your own transportation and a valid driver’s license, as this role requires considerable travel. Travel territory will be dependent on business needs.
Travel: Travel is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes transportation via car and/or public transit.
Contract: This is a part-time, temporary role working approximately 20 hours/week with a contract end date of July 1, 2024.
Compensation & Benefits: We are offering a competitive hourly rate of $35/hour for your prep and facilitation time. You will have the ability to keep all travel points for hotels booked for work-related travel.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.