International Growth & Expansion Lead
Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
We are seeking a dynamic leader to lead growth and expansion of Outschool in international markets outside of North America and East Asia (defined as Rest of World/RoW). This role is a unique opportunity to shape and grow our global presence, building and nurturing thriving communities in key international markets. You'll be collaborating cross-functionally, blending strategic insight with a deep understanding of diverse customer needs to create impactful, sustainable growth. You’ll report into Outschool’s Head of Finance (CFO) and partner with teams across the business to identify strategic opportunities and lay the foundation for growth.
Over the next 6-12 months:
- Develop an understanding of Outschool’s presence in geographic markets outside of the United States and East Asia
- Develop a strategic roadmap, identifying and prioritizing target markets for expansion
- Work closely with Product, Marketing, Operations, Supply, and Finance teams to align strategies and efforts
- Build a suite of metrics to measure progress and achieve growth targets
- Allocate and optimize marketing budgets
- Develop strategies to improve teacher supply and build communities
- Drive international expansion with a focus on innovative solutions and customer-centric approaches.
- Sustain and scale business growth in these new markets
- Establish vibrant and engaged communities in key markets
- Enhance and diversify Outschool offerings, including multilingual expansion and more
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- A proven track record in leading successful international expansion initiatives
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to navigate uncertainty and innovate
- Entrepreneurial drive to build the business, conducting thorough research & analysis while leveraging customer empathy
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking for international markets
- Exceptional communication skills, adept at influencing across cultures
- High degree of autonomy, capable of making strategic decisions independently
- Customer-centric approach, with a focus on understanding and meeting global customer needs
- Experience in product management and marketing
- Background in community development
- Deep understanding of online marketplace dynamics and consumer behavior in international markets
- Experience in both startup and public company settings
- Familiarity with the education technology sector
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $195,000-$265,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $175,5000-$238,500 USD.