Head of Growth
Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
Outschool is looking to add an exceptionally talented Head of Growth to our executive team. We’re looking for a candidate with a proven track record of growing consumer-facing startups/products through periods of rapid growth. The ideal candidate is someone who brings a strong blend of growth and marketplace expertise as well as strategic product insights, and has the experience and confidence to set and exceed ambitious growth targets.
You'll report to the Head of Outschool (CEO) and will play a major role in how our business expands in the coming years.
- Deliver a comprehensive growth strategy that propels Outschool’s buyer growth and business metrics, establishing and hitting aggressive buyer growth targets in the first half of 2024.
- With a combination of existing team members and new hires, build a fast-moving, high-performing team that can continue to set and exceed new buyer goals, and so set the stage for expanding scope to include retention.
- Form a close partnership with the product team, driving the roadmap for the product pod focused on new buyer growth and influencing the overall product roadmap
- Effectively deploy an overall budget of $10-20M across paid marketing and other areas of growth with the expectation of doubling down on success and increasing budget as we create opportunities to scale efficiently.
- Develop distinctive growth strategies that leverage our marketplace's unique strengths. An example would be harnessing the power of UGC and our community.
- Reinforce and scale our content growth loops, ensuring a balanced growth mix from both organic channels and paid strategies.
- Instill a culture where rapid experimentation is the norm, always driven by insights and data.
- You've led growth for consumer-focused startups/products, specifically owning growth within a company revenue bracket of $10M to $100M.
- You have a demonstrated ability overseeing and deploying budgets of $10M+, particularly in the domains of marketing and growth
- Proven ability to strategically allocate resources, with a focus on identifying high ROI investment opportunities that could unlock growth
- You have experience leading growth using a variety of organic and paid channels including: SEO, referral programs, SEM, social, partnerships
- You've partnered with (or led) product teams to create growth loops that integrate our channels and product experiences
- You maintain a strategic vision, coupled with the capability to translate overarching objectives into actionable growth plans.
- You’re not afraid to take risks and innovate.
- You build teams that move quickly, test, learn, and adapt based on data.
- You are highly analytical and lead others in effectively using experimentation and data to make decisions that drive growth.
- You understand Outschool’s mission to inspire kids to love learning and see the opportunity we have ahead of us to grow our impact.
- A big plus if you’ve worked in a high-frequency marketplace
- You have experience leveraging with novel growth channels and a desire to stay on the cutting edge
- You are very familiar with Reforge concepts and can mentor others in thinking through growth loops vs funnels
- A big plus if you have experience in the education space or working with products that support learners
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. We're open to candidates at multiple levels - for New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $225,000-$425,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $202,500-$382,500 USD.