Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
We’re looking for a Product Designer with several years of industry experience to shape the future of education. As part of our current team of six, which includes both designers and researchers, you will significantly impact Outschool's design approach while benefiting from established processes and collaboration with supportive teammates. We are distributed across US and Canada, and we intentionally work in a way that allows us to feel connected without being “always on”. Our team is passionate about delivering experiences that inspire kids to love learning on a global scale, and we’re looking for designers who can help us raise the bar on what the world thinks of as a great learning experience.
- Design end-to-end experiences throughout the product life cycle, from initial concept, research, user flows, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity UIs, to shipping and tracking results
- Thought-partner with Product Management, User Research, Data Analytics, Marketing, Engineering, and Community to build a deep understanding of user problems, and bring clarity to complex problems to deliver user impact and business results
- Support both mobile and web solutions for our core learning platform
- Explore complex problem spaces, generate simple but joyful design solutions, rapidly iterate, and evaluate tradeoffs in collaboration with cross-functional partners
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Portfolio submission required - Our team is seeking an experienced UX Designer with a diverse and impressive portfolio that demonstrates proficiency across multiple platforms. Candidates should provide multiple case studies from their professional career, showcasing their ability to design and develop solutions for both web and mobile native applications.
- T-shaped Designer with experience in visual/UI/UX/prototyping/research who is a strong advocate for the user
- Can clearly communicate decisions and uses stakeholder feedback to drive understanding and inspire action
- Strives for a balance between using data to inform decisions and making decisive calls using your expertise
- Has extensive experience designing responsive web products, ideally managing multiple products while shipping high-quality work without sacrificing speed
- Domain experience with marketplace products and/or K-12 education
- Domain experience designing for B2B or compliance-heavy products
- Experience designing for native apps on multiple mobile platforms
- Experience working on high growth design teams
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $145,000-$195,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $130,500-$175,500 USD.