Full Stack Engineer
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of U.S. school districts. We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer to build features as part of a collaborative team of engineers, product managers and designers focused on helping teachers more easily assign & grade authentic writing assignments that students are able to complete with confidence as they hone their language and writing skills.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with passionate curriculum creators to facilitate the creation of grammar and writing resources for teachers.
- Work daily with our product team to build a dynamic, efficient, and beautiful teacher and student experience.
- Gain professional experience with functional programming languages like Elm and Haskell, industry leading infrastructure technology such as Kubernetes and Docker, and performant build tools.
- Experience personal growth through a management relationship which prioritizes support, empathy, and clearly communicated expectations.
- Deliver impactful solutions at scale, building on the foundations of software that handles billions of new records every year.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- You’re excited to work as part of a team to achieve company goals and realize our vision of building better writers
- You value code quality and well tested code
- You're interested in functional languages like Elm and Haskell
- You are comfortable working with Ruby on Rails
- You're comfortable with Linux or macOS and MySQL or PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working remotely
What NoRedInk Offers:
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- Consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids' interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
Check out our press page, including our 2-minute pitch on NBC and articles in The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
NoRedInk believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At NoRedInk, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Compensation at NoRedInk is robust and includes a full range of benefits, unlimited PTO, monthly co-working stipends, an initial home-office set up stipend, and generous equity. Our salary ranges are based on factors such as expectations as laid out in the job description, location-specific market data, internal parity, and the experience and skills of individual candidates. Therefore, the compensation range is $115,000K - $150,000K and accounts for a variety of locations and skills/experience. Please know that if you are invited to speak with a recruiter at NoRedInk, they will have an open discussion about compensation during your first call to ensure alignment.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.
Something looks off?