Expression of Interest: Sales Representative
We are inviting professionals with a background in full-cycle sales and education/edtech who are thinking about their next move or looking for a new opportunity. Please note this does not necessarily mean we have a current opening. We are expanding our talent pool for our ongoing Sales Representative openings across our different segments including SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise sales.
Newsela's Sales Representative Talent Pool is designed to:
- Help us continually hire great talent for our frequent Sales Representative openings in SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise Sales.
- Provide an opportunity for candidates interested in joining Newsela to learn about our Sales Representative role and the team.
Newsela's Talent Pool process:
You will express your interest through an application. On completion, you will be added to our growing talent pool and contacted as new opportunities arise.
Why you’re a great fit:
- SMB Sales Rep: You are a proven Sales Rep with 2+ years hitting or exceeding your quota of selling SaaS products or digital education solutions
- Mid-Market Sales Rep: You are a proven Sales Rep with 3+ years hitting or exceeding your quota of selling SaaS products or digital education solutions
- Enterprise Sales Rep: You are a proven Sales Rep with 5+ years hitting or exceeding your quota of selling SaaS products or digital education solutions
- You have demonstrated expertise in networking, prospecting, building pipeline, forecasting accuracy, and closing
- You have knowledge of MEDDPICC or other sales methodology
- You have experience forecasting SaaS business
- You have drive, self-awareness, and coachability
As a Sales Representative, you will be part of a regional sales team and the overall face of Newsela in the market. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with key decision makers at the school district level in addition to selling Newsela’s suite of products to bring engaging reading content to districts. In your day to day, you will do everything from pipeline management and forecasting to designing lead generation campaigns and managing sales through the entire lifecycle. You will also become well-versed in your territory’s funding, state initiatives, demographics, and K-12 education landscape, which will help inform your overall sales strategy.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You will get to represent the future of education, enhance how districts and teachers engage students, and provide time-saving approaches that allow educators to design customized learning for different levels of learners
- As an individual contributor who is part of a regional sales team, you will have the opportunity to own your territory, manage the entire lifecycle of a sale, and build new business relationships that bring Newsela’s solution to classrooms
- In addition to achieving your own revenue targets, you will get to work with an enthusiastic, cross-functional team to catapult Newsela’s growth as we scale our national sales organization
Compensation Range: $70,000 - $125,000 Base Salary + On-Target Commission. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary, variable component, incentive stock options, and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on the segment and actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.