As a Community Manager at Newsela, your role is pivotal in driving community engagement and building valuable connections among educators. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications and Community.
- Develop and execute community and engagement strategies in partnership with team members to provide educators with a support network and a platform for collaboration and professional learning for teachers using Newsela products.
- Moderate and facilitate the Newsela communities to foster educator connections and idea exchange.
- Drive awareness and new usage of Newsela products by leveraging educator advocates to create interest in the brand and our products.
- Lead the ambassador programs across products, nurturing educator connections and sharing success stories that drive user engagement, customer loyalty, retention and new user acquisition.
- Manage the communication and integration of educator certification programs across products.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate community program events.
- Report and review key health metrics on an ongoing basis to measure performance, share insights, and recommend optimization strategies to increase engagement and usage.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You will have the opportunity to directly influence how educators engage and champion Newsela and all of our products.
- You will build relationships that are outcome oriented that guide community coaches and members in achieving success with Newsela within their district and school(s).
- Your work will directly impact engagement and usage of Newsela products in K-12 classrooms nationwide.
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 3+ years experience in a community and engagement programs role and have demonstrated how to empathize with and address the unique needs of educators through engagement and community building. You are meticulous about understanding our users and customers and are their biggest advocate in ensuring they are engaged and equipped with resources to successfully utilize Newsela products in their teaching practices.
- You leverage your education experience, product knowledge and community expertise to be a trusted partner that community members love working with.
- A background in education is a requirement.
- Event management and social channel management experience is a plus.
Base compensation: $80,000 - $85,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.