Sales Representative, SMB / School Sales (California)
As a Sales Representative, you will be part of a regional sales team and the face of Newsela out in the market. You will be responsible for building relationships with key decision makers at the district or school level, in addition to selling Newsela’s suite of products to bring engaging reading content to districts. In your day to day, you will do everything from pipeline management and forecasting and managing sales through the entire lifecycle. You will also become well-versed in your territory’s funding, state initiatives, demographics, and K-12 education landscape, which will help inform your overall sales strategy. This is a remote role.
Why you'll love this role:
- As an individual contributor who is part of a regional sales team, you will have the opportunity to own your territory, manage the entire lifecycle of a sale, and build new business relationships that bring Newsela’s solution to classrooms
- In addition to achieving your own revenue targets, you will get to work with an enthusiastic, cross-functional team to catapult Newsela’s growth as we scale our national sales organization
- You will have a direct impact on the expansion and adoption of Newsela products, which will ultimately scale Newsela’s ability to bring engaging, culturally responsive learning content to K-12 classrooms nationwide
Why you're a great fit:
- You bring 1+ years hitting or exceeding your quota of selling SaaS products
- You have demonstrated expertise in seamlessly navigating multiple stakeholders to engineer the right solution for each customer
- You take a high volume / transactional approach to sales, and have proven experience building a book of business
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can drive sales quickly to a close
- You might also have been a teacher at one point, or have a good grasp of pedagogy and can truly help connect the challenges in the classroom to the solutions Newsela is building
Base compensation range: $60,000 + OTE. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component, incentive stock options, and benefits in addition to base salary. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.