School Engagement Manager
The School Engagement Manager will partner closely with our Strategic CSMs to build and strengthen relationships with some of the largest school districts in the country. You’ll focus on prioritized schools within these large districts to drive school production adoption, build relationships with school stakeholders, connect district goals to individual school use, and share user feedback with internal stakeholders. You’ll help prioritize outreach and create scalable strategies that deliver results within prioritized schools. You’ll leverage data, our tech stack, and customer insights to drive company results in product adoption, renewal, and expansion with individual school buyers. You will also manage customers as they go through the Newsela Customer Journey, and will ensure they have the necessary support and resources at each step in the process to create an exceptional experience from the pre-sale team introduction throughout the full lifecycle. Through your partnership with schools, your customers will see Newsela as a trusted advisor and thought leader. Reporting to the Strategic CSM, you’ll partner closely with our Sales, Support, and Customer Success teams.
Why You’ll Love This Role:
- As part of our growing Customer Success team, you’ll have the opportunity to get exposure to working with Enterprise sized districts.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members and learn about all aspects of managing centralized and decentralized subscriptions and how to build an effective partnership based on outcomes.
- In this role, you get to go deep and work closely with the end users of our product. You will get to truly understand school and district needs and guide them to use Newsela to accomplish meaningful student engagement.
- Your work will directly impact the expansion and adoption of Newsela products in K-12 classrooms nationwide, and will ultimately help bring engaging, culturally responsive learning content to students and teachers.
Why You're A Great Fit:
- You have experience in the education field, either working in district or partnering with district's at previous companies.
- You are experienced in client success planning, and are able to ask discovery questions, actively listen, and synthesize client goals.
- You’ve demonstrated success driving product adoption with users, and are always learning more to make sure you are a product expert.
- You also uncover hidden needs and ask probing questions to get to the root of a problem; you do not simply take what a client says at face value, but are able to tactfully challenge the client’s thinking and uncover needs and risks. You take all of this information and translate client stated goals into goals that are applicable to Newsela.
- Additionally you proactively manage your client relationships and build a strategic plan to maximize results.
- You monitor account health to identify areas of risk and opportunity, and leverage data and insights to drive product and partnership action.
- As a collaborator, you have a proven history of partnering with the Sales team to achieve revenue goals, and are able to work across teams to galvanize support and ensure clients have the resources they need to get the most out of their partnership.
- While not required, a background in education and/or Gainsight and Salesforce (SFDC) experience is a plus.
Base compensation range: $60,000 - $65,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.