Mid-Market Customer Success Manager (NY BOCES)
- As a member of our Customer Success team, the Mid-Market, Customer Success Manager will be the go-to partner for district leaders and manage a portfolio of NY BOCES accounts.
- Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Customer Success, you will work with districts to identify their goals and intended use with Newsela, and will build out a partnership plan to achieve those goals.
- You will manage strategic relationships with BOCES partners.
- You’ll leverage data, our tech stack, and customer insights to drive company results in product adoption, renewal, and expansion.
- You will also manage customers as they go through the Newsela Customer Journey, and will ensure they have the necessary support and resources at each step in the process to create an exceptional experience from the pre-sale team introduction throughout the full lifecycle.
- You will partner closely with our Professional Learning team to ensure professional development training is meeting the specific needs of your clients.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You’ll have the opportunity to directly influence how district administrators engage with Newsela.
- You will get to represent the future of education, enhance how districts and teachers engage with students, and provide time-saving approaches that allow educators to design customized learning for different levels of learners.
- You will build partnerships that are outcome oriented and always focused on achieving client success criteria while making Newsela an embedded part of a district’s curricular strategy.
- Your work will directly impact the expansion and adoption of Newsela products in K-12 classrooms nationwide, and will ultimately help bring engaging, culturally responsive learning content to students and teachers.
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 3+ years experience managing a portfolio of accounts and have demonstrated the ability to drive revenue through growth, retention, and expansion.
- You are meticulous about understanding your clients’ goals and are their biggest advocate in ensuring they achieve them.
- You are experienced in client success planning, and are able to ask discovery questions, actively listen, and synthesize client goals.
- You leverage your strong product knowledge and regional expertise with your relationship building skills to make yourself a trusted partner that clients love working with.
- You have a mastery in strategically planning and executing your client interactions, regularly checking the pulse and proactively reaching out to them to ensure satisfaction and renewals.
- A background in education is a plus.
- Gainsight and Salesforce (SFDC) experience is a plus.
- Experience with NY BOCES project manager relationships is strongly preferred.
- This role is based in NY, working remotely.
Base compensation range: $70,000 - $75,000. Total compensation for this role also includes variable, incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.