Spanish Language Assessment Contributor, Freelance
Our Spanish Assessment Contributors bring a wide variety of experience to the table, but they are all united by their passion for improving the lives of teachers and students and their commitment to developing engaging, student-centered, and culturally responsive resources. To achieve this, Assessment Contributors are responsible for:
- Production of daily assessments to accompany Newsela Spanish articles
- Writing, editing and proofreading Spanish quizzes as well as Spanish-translated content and videos
- Occasionally responsible for tagging standards, reading skills and other knowledge areas within Newsela content and assessments
Why you're a great fit:
- Experience creating and designing Spanish-language assessments using best practices, particularly for formative assessments
- Strong professional writing experience, particularly for Curriculum Writing, Design & Instruction
- Experience in education, former teaching experience is a plus but is not required. Experience in elementary and MS/HS is a plus
- Experience working with HMH, Pearson, Teachers Pay Teachers, Imagine Learning, or similar is a plus
- Ability to write quiz questions for students 2nd-12th grade with a strong understanding of Depth of Knowledge areas, rigor and differentiation
- Knowledge of standards and how to design assessments linked to standards/reading skills
- Ability to provide constructive feedback regarding assessment items or design
- Familiarity with formative, activities-driven assessment, tech enhanced & next gen assessment, and Understanding by Design framework
This role is compensated on a per-task basis. The benefits listed below apply to full-time employees only.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.