Senior Front-End Software Engineer (Contract, Part-Time)
Major League Hacking
Major League Hacking is looking for a part-time contract Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join the team responsible for building the products that help aspiring software engineers level up and launch their careers. The software that you and your team write will power the largest community of early career developers in the world and help redefine the future of work & technical education.
- Write Code. You’ll work closely with our designers to turn their designs into beautiful, functional code for our users. You’ll use Figma, React/Next.js and TailwindCSS on a daily basis.
- Shape our Front-end Strategy. You’ll work with everyone from designers to other engineers to help set the strategy and process for how we build and manage our front-end systems.
- Contribute to our Engineering Culture. Your contributions will help shape a world-class engineering culture that values shipping high-quality software. You'll implement and benefit from industry best-practices including code reviews, pair programming, CI/CD, testing, and more.
Monthly stipend toward private benefits
Flexible Working Hours from Home
About Major League Hacking (MLH):
Major League Hacking (MLH) is rethinking technical education for the modern world. Now that every company is a technology company, we need faster and more effective ways to train the talent that everyone depends on. Our unique hands-on, community-driven approach has helped more than 500,000 technologists worldwide launch their careers and stay up-to-date with the latest trends. If you're passionate about technology, education, and the future of work – this is the place for you!
- We’re a team of 30 full-time people with offices in New York City and Bangalore/Delhi.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors focused on technology and impacting technical education including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), Rethink Education, Jobs for the Future, and Reach Capital.
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
If you’ve found yourself excited thinking about this role, even if you don’t quite meet every requirement, we encourage you to apply. Hacking is all about figuring out different solutions to problems, and showing how your experience might serve as a substitute for our requirements might be your first hack with us.
We serve a diverse community and perspectives of women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and those with backgrounds typically not served by technology help us serve our community more deeply. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
While we are presently remote due to COVID, our team has indicated a strong wish to return to in-person work and we will be adopting a hybrid schedule of three days a week in office and two days a week remote. For the right candidate we will explore remote options, but unless you have a reason that prevents it, it is greatly preferred that you work from one of our developing offices in London or India.Please note our India office will be in Bangalore so for this opening our requirement is that candidates be based in the area or open to relocation.
- Experience with React JS and Tailwind CSS, we’re a Rails & React/Next.js shop
Ability to create React components from Figma designs effectively
Strong experience in TDD and modern development practices
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Impeccable organizational and project management skills
An interest in reimagining the future of education and work
Ability to commute to our India office, which will be based in Bangalore