Head of Product
KickUp is seeking a dynamic Head of Product to help KickUp enable every educator thrive in their career. As the Head of Product, you will play a leading role in setting product strategy, building a high-performing product organization, and ensuring the success of the company’s product offerings in the market. You will sit on the leadership team, report to the CEO, and collaborate with functional leaders in marketing, sales, customer success, and engineering. This role is critical to KickUp’s success and allows you to lead a Series-A company through our next set of milestones alongside the leadership team.
Why you should join KickUp
Our mission is to help every educator thrive in their career, and we’re carving out market leadership in professional growth software. Your work at KickUp will lead to system-level change in education.
Our platform is a robust, data-rich educator success platform. We’re proud to maintain an exceptional customer NPS above 85 and establish ourselves as a leader in an area that has become increasingly urgent for school districts to address: educator capacity.
We’ve proven product-market fit, and still have a lot of growth ahead. Joining at this stage affords significant opportunities for autonomy and growth without having to start from scratch.
We are a remote-first organization with high flexibility. We offer an extended holiday break, summer Fridays, and “Focus Fridays” – a day with limited Slack and meetings throughout the year. On a semi-annual basis, we gather for a full team on-site. We additionally offer competitive medical, dental and vision insurance, professional learning stipends, a 401(K) plan with employer match, short and long-term disability insurance, and universal paid parental leave.
Our team is humble, sharp, and user-focused with a unique blend of both mission driven and business smart qualities. We care about the work and are committed to each others’ success.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Deeply understanding KickUp’s user needs— teachers, instructional leaders, and district leaders – to identify and prioritize opportunities to deliver value.
- Cultivating thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape and a point of view on KickUp’s path to market leadership.
- Creating, assessing, updating, and communicating a clear product vision, strategy and roadmap aligned to business goals.
- Developing requirements, assessing trade-offs and ensuring the viability of features.
- Developing and running processes that facilitate efficiency and communication in the product life cycle.
- Growing an exceptional product team by hiring, onboarding, setting goals and enabling the team to meet high expectations.
- Acting as the voice of the product across the company – soliciting input and representing the product strategy, vision and roadmap internally and externally.
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day. We recognize that underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We are committed to growth and we encourage you to connect with us if you meet a majority of the qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory and interests.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a track record in product leadership. Ideally you have 5+ years of product management experience, and 2+ years of experience with leading product teams.
- Understands what it takes to scale. You have grown a SaaS company from low millions in ARR to 10+ million ARR.
- Is or wants to become an expert on the market. You understand or have a high desire to understand the K-12 education market, can connect with customers, and are endlessly curious about customer problems.
- Communicates effectively across teams. You maintain trust across teams, tailor information to ensure it is understood by a range of stakeholders, and ensure the product priorities support the broader business goals.
- Is adept at using and analyzing data. Your decision-making and expectations are grounded in data and nuanced insight. You consistently measure and analyze product performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Is both decisive and flexible. You gather and seek to deeply understand input. You demonstrate high empathy for end users and internal stakeholders, are willing to be wrong, and are able to adapt to changing circumstances and new insights.
- Can plan long term and short term. You are strategic, and are able to envision and guide the team towards a set of business outcomes that may take several iterations to achieve.
- Can drive executional excellence. You’ve demonstrated an ability to prioritize, manage processes and ensure that features are delivered on time.
This is a full-time, remote position that can be performed anywhere in the US. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Compensation for this role ranges from $160,000-220,000, with bonus potential and stock options.