Client Success Manager
KickUp is looking for a Client Success Manager to join a team that is reimagining how school districts grow their most valuable asset: their people.
KickUp aims to empower educators by meaningfully engaging them in professional growth. Our platform helps educational leaders capture data about teacher growth and use it to drive better outcomes for students. We’re a growing team building a product used by tens of thousands of educators. Joining KickUp at this early stage means you’ll play an important role in shaping our product, team, and culture.
We are known for our hands-on approach to Client Success, and Client Success Managers (CSMs) work closely with our district partners to build capacity. Acting as both relationship-builders and product-experts, CSMs play a critical role in driving innovation both internally and externally.
About the Role
In the Client Success Manager role, you will:
- Work directly with senior K-12 education leaders, post-sale, to establish a vision for using KickUp's platform and data to drive improvement.
- Manage onboarding, implementation, and all aspects of the client journey.
- Develop a communication cadence with customers and project-manage implementation plans to help clients meet their goals.
- Serve as an expert on the KickUp platform and configure our platform to meet clients’ needs.
- Provide training and support to build capacity for our clients to engage with our product.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for account renewal and expansion. For strategic accounts, the CSM owns this with the support of a dedicated Account Manager.
- Collaborate with a team of Client Success Managers to build industry knowledge and share innovative practices across our community of clients.
- Collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams to inspire future opportunities for product innovation.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams in their efforts to share the stories of our clients.
- Occasional travel may be required
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We’re building a product that improves the way all teachers and all students are supported, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the users we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day. We recognize that underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We are committed to growth and we encourage you to apply if you meet a majority of the qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory and interests.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is motivated by driving revenue growth
- Is hungry to grow and learn -- is open to feedback and seeks to continuously improve
- Is curious -- asks great questions and has strong active listening skills
- Is a natural at building relationships
- Is detail-oriented and maintains good records
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership and pride in both personal and company performance
- Has a team player attitude and contributes by working effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Is persistent and has a strong work ethic
You might be a good fit if you...
- are a proactive problem-solver. You find joy in solving problems and making the work of others more efficient or effective. You take initiative to find "a better way" for yourself and others to accomplish an outcome. You respond to challenges in a persistent, solutions-oriented way.
- build value-add relationships. Ideally you've been in a client facing role before. You ask questions and listen actively to solve clients' problems. You navigate organizational dynamics, build a vision, and are a dependable resource to add value to high level stakeholders.
- can train or scaffold learning for adults. You're comfortable with facilitating a meeting of educational leaders. You've facilitated trainings before or maybe you have a knack for showcasing how to effectively use a piece of software to accomplish a goal. You can communicate in a user-centered way to meet the needs of a diverse client base.
- learn software quickly. Technology excites you. You have a knack for learning new tools, can diagnose technical problems, and understand how to use software to meet varied needs.
- are organized and efficient. You can maintain momentum on multiple projects at once and are stimulated by a fast-paced environment.
- own business outcomes. You are comfortable with owning complex projects and owning business outcomes such as retention and expansion. You're extremely persistent when it comes to meeting goals.
- share KickUp's values. You are both mission-driven and business smart. You regularly seek out, reflect on, and apply feedback. You collaborate effectively with others to implement solutions to shared challenges. You are constantly testing new ideas, adapting and improving.
- have education DNA. You have been in an education-focused setting or have a passion for enabling educator growth.
Why you should join KickUp
- Our mission is to empower educator professional growth using data. Your work at KickUp will lead to system-level change in education.
- Our team is humble, sharp, and user-focused with a unique blend of both mission driven and business smart qualities.
- Our product is a dynamic professional learning and growth platform. It helps give educational leaders an actionable picture of their program's effectiveness.
- Our culture breeds innovation through diversity. We want to add team members who bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve.
- This is a full-time position. While we are located in Philadelphia, this job can be done remotely as we have a remote-first culture.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- An ability to schedule meetings between 10am - 4pm Eastern Standard Time is preferred.
- The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $75,000, with eligibility for an additional variable compensation plan after 6 months.
- We offer stock options in our growing company, and a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance options. We also provide opportunities for professional growth including a $600 annual individual stipend for professional learning.
- We believe in the importance of recharging and offer a flexible PTO policy. Most of our employees average between 15-20 PTO days per year in addition to 11+ paid company holidays. Our team also enjoys Focus Fridays — a day without Slack or meetings, to provide flexibility and focus time.
- KickUp is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, KickUp will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?