Director, Product Management (Consumer Experience)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Director of Product Management reporting to the Chief Product Officer. As Handshake begins its next chapter in scaling up to all career-starters, the way that we empower “people” on our platform to drive career outcomes is central to unlocking the human potential in our three-sided marketplace of candidates, career center professionals, and employer representatives (recruiters, hiring managers, alumni). In this product leadership role, you will spearhead our next generation initiative to build Handshake into a strong platform, taking the experience from Transactional to Transformational. You will lead a significant scope that is the consumer experiences and lifecycles teams, including the new Home Feed, Identity and Profiles, and Notifications loops.
Ultimately, we believe Handshake can become the de facto professional identity for all job seekers and we need your help to make that happen!
- Leadership. You’ll directly manage a small team of product managers that have day-to-day responsibilities for product managing their respective squads.
Product Strategy. You’ll ensure that your squads have a cohesive and differentiated product strategy that ladders up into the Student team and Company strategy.
Goal Setting. You’ll hold your squads accountable to clear goals that ensure they are tracking effectively towards their strategy.
Planning and Execution. You’ll lead your team and stakeholders in prioritizing and collaborating on the roadmap while ensuring we have appropriate alignment with stakeholders. You will also exercise influence on adjacent product areas and organization-wide strategy.
Collaboration. You’ll partner closely with other key leaders and executives across the team (i.e. design, marketing, engineering, data) as well as leaders in other lines of businesses (E.g. Career Events, Paid Employer offerings) to ensure cohesive strategy and execution.
Demonstrated leader. 2+ years of experience managing product managers
User focused. You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of students and build products grounded in data and research.
Marketplace Fluent. You think holistically across the different user types and their respective incentives in a marketplace to create “matched”, end-to-end, successful products.
Demonstrated ability to build business cases / opportunity assessments to drive prioritization
Successfully launched and managed net new consumer facing products with 1M+ active users
- $220,000 - $265,000 per year
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?