Senior Customer Success Manager (French Speaking)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
As a Senior Customer Success Manager at Handshake, you are responsible for ensuring our education partners are healthy, happy, successful, and retained. You will create repeatable and reusable tactics for driving engagement across our university partners' teams.
In this critical role, we are seeking an individual with a wealth of experience as a customer success manager to manage our most strategic partnerships. Given the rapid pace of our expansion, we require someone who not only possesses a deep understanding of how to create and maintain strong partnerships but has a proven track record of successful market growth in tech.
To succeed in this role, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy on the opportunities you come across, having accountability and being open to new challenges are essential to our continued success. There is an opportunity to make a real impact here! If you are driven and hungry for a challenge to help us on our mission to help students fulfil their career dreams, then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Relationship Management - Owning the core and executive relationships for our key strategic partners. Having a proactive approach with partners and regularly meeting them to understand their current state and how to help them achieve their goals through Handshake - you are willing to try new and innovative ways in order to achieve this
- Renewals and expansions - Building trust and advocacy with partners which ultimately leads to driving retention. Driving the plan of action internally and externally for key partners
- Owning Customer Journey - act as the main point of contact for your partners, which means you will be accountable for the entire partner lifecycle, from onboarding and implementation to adoption and optimization - knowing when to bring other team members in and working with the support team on improving processes for the day to day questions
- Internal Collaboration - Communicate key updates to the wider team, secure opportunities for success stories, and collaborate with sales and product teams for effective partnership differentiation and enhancement. As you can see this role will involve wearing multiple hats but also will give you exposure to grow in multiple areas!
- Product Knowledge - Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Handshake product and the ability to consult using best practices and learnings from managing university partners. Expand product adoption, and drive value for university partners. Staying on top of the roadmap and identifying opportunities to excite partners about our vision
- Product Adoption and Best Practices - Expand and deepen product adoption, creating strong action plans with university partners on leveraging our platform to drive student and employer engagement. Actively learn and understand the career services space as well as awareness of student and employer priorities, consulting with partners on adapting workflows to achieve success with the Handshake product.
- Partner Success, Health, and Retention - Track subjective health assessments and collaborate with Handshake’s Product Teams to address partner needs promptly and to escalate key product developments. Utilising data reporting and dashboards to understand trends and take appropriate actions for maintaining account health Ownership of a Region - Acting as the primary liaison between the company and partners in that region by providing crucial insights to internal teams. As we are scaling and we are learning as we are growing in these regions and in this role, you will be responsible for sharing insights through managing your partners to ensure the success of the region
- Mentorship - provide coaching and guidance to junior colleagues and to act as a role model to the team - you will be the one Senior CSM in the team and so it is key that the team can see what “exceptional” looks like and to act as the go to person when support is needed on escalations and pushing internal initiatives
- Customer On-sites - you will be traveling to Universities and so it is key that you will be comfortable with running partner on-sites to hold key milestone meetings and to build relationships with the wider team. This is also a good opportunity to engage with students to see the impact Handshake is having.
- An established Customer Success professional (5+ years of experience) who finds satisfaction in helping your partners achieve their goals and helping your team grow.
- Proven experience with SaaS - It’s a bonus if you know the startup space, and can pre-empt the bumps in the road ahead as we scale
- Excellent communicator - written and verbal and also experience with running presentations to key decision makers
- You get energy from being in high pressure situations and fast growth, with the ability to build repeatable, scalable processes
- Ability to prioritise workload while maintaining high attention to detail
- Confident with data reporting and analysing to tell stories and to spot trends
- Highly curious with high level of intellectual curiosity - you see an opportunity and you act on this!
- Ability to think critically and empathetically about the customer’s needs
- Add value to a team environment by demonstrating enthusiasm and a collaborative spirit
- Adaptable to evolving business needs and willingness to contribute to process improvement
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English (German is a big plus)
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500/€1,850 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 💰 Financial coaching through Origin to help you through your financial journey.
- Monthly internet stipend and a brand new MacBook to allow you to do your best work.
- 🚃 Monthly commuter stipend for you to expense your travel to the office (for office-based employees).
- 🥗 Free lunch provided twice a week across all offices.
- 🤝 Referral bonus to reward you when you bring great talent to Handshake.
(US-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🍼 Lactation support: Handshake partners with Milk Stork to provide a comprehensive 100% employer-sponsored lactation support to traveling parents and guardians.
(UK-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake UK employees.
(Germany-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏝 25 days of annual leave + we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off across the company.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco once a year.
- 🧘 Urban sports club membership offering access to a diverse network of fitness and wellness facilities.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake Germany employees.
For roles based in Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.