Manager of Mid-Market Customer Success
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a Manager of Mid-market Customer Success to join our Employer Customer Success team - working with hundreds of employers in every industry to drive their early talent recruiting strategy. You will lead a team of mid-market Customer Success Managers and report to the Director of Customer Success. You’ll work closely with the team to support them in achieving their goals, build Exec customer relationships, and drive customer adoption, retention and expansion. While we’ve scaled a successful business, there is a lot of opportunity to innovate and define how we operate in this segment.
This role combines equal parts people leadership, customer leadership, business strategy and process building. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in building high-volume businesses and leading high-performing customer success teams in a B2B SaaS tech company.
- Lead a high-performing team of customer-facing professionals: hire, develop, inspire, motivate and empower the team to successfully achieve our client’s goals while also striving to reach our organization’s retention and revenue growth targets
- Leverage data to understand and drive our business, build processes and develop best practices aimed at improving customer experience and team’s effectiveness and efficiency
- Have a mastery of the CSM role so as to best support the team – understand and explain performance data, provide talent acquisition consultation.
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders of our customers, navigate complex situations, coach internal teams and make decisions leading to successful outcomes
- Maintain deep understanding of Handshake and early career talent recruitment market; serve as the voice of the customer to influence Product roadmap and our customer servicing strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional partners like Sales, Marketing, Support, Product/UX, RevOps
- 1+ years of people leadership experience; passion for coaching and people development
- 5+ years in Customer Success working with the high-volume, SMB/mid-market segment and proven track record of success (e.g. meeting team and individual targets)
- Proven track record of meeting team and individual targets, effectively creating and communicating customer value through data-driven value/ROI narratives
- Strong communication skills with customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong data-driven business problem solver, thrives in ambiguous fast-paced environment, anticipates challenges, and handles unknown gracefully
- Track record of building out systems and processes to streamline operations
- Track record of working successfully cross-functionally with all teams
- Passion for our mission – launch careers and grow companies by making the best matches between companies and new graduates from all backgrounds
- Eager to roll up your sleeves (regardless of title), you are a do-er with a bias for action
- $185,000 - $220,000 OTE (80/20 split)
*Must be willing to work a hybrid schedule from our SF office*
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500/€1,850 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 💰 Financial coaching through Origin to help you through your financial journey.
- Monthly internet stipend and a brand new MacBook to allow you to do your best work.
- 🚃 Monthly commuter stipend for you to expense your travel to the office (for office-based employees).
- 🥗 Free lunch provided twice a week across all offices.
- 🤝 Referral bonus to reward you when you bring great talent to Handshake.
(US-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🍼 Lactation support: Handshake partners with Milk Stork to provide a comprehensive 100% employer-sponsored lactation support to traveling parents and guardians.
(UK-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake UK employees.
(Germany-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏝 25 days of annual leave + we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off across the company.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco once a year.
- 🧘 Urban sports club membership offering access to a diverse network of fitness and wellness facilities.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake Germany employees.
For roles based in Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.