Director/Senior Director of Monetization Strategy & Operations
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We are looking for someone exceptional to develop and deliver the monetization strategy for our Employer business, including pricing & packaging and building deeper business intelligence for the GTM team. This is a high visibility, high impact role in a fast-paced environment and a chance to build a critical function at an exciting point in our business trajectory. This role will work closely with Product, PMM, Finance, and GTM teams to innovate and create value for our customers and for Handshake. You will set our product pricing & packaging strategy, manage strategic pricing initiatives, and drive data-driven recommendations for our current & future offerings. This role will also play a critical role in our financial planning process and be responsible for supporting strategy & successful operational rollout of major Go-To-Market initiatives, including target setting and management.
Deeply understand our customer segments, needs, and willingness to pay to inform strategic pricing decisions
Collaborate with Product, PMM, Strategy and C-level executives to develop pricing and packaging strategy on our current product packaging and new products brought to market
Investigate and evaluate new pricing and packaging strategies to take advantage of market opportunities
Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of bookings data, customer usage data, customer, and sales feedback to test strategy hypotheses on pricing & packaging
Help define GTM strategy & targets for new and less mature products & support operational rollout through target setting, operational rollout, and foundations
Lead quarterly / annual cross-functional efforts and pricing and packaging efforts
Additional activities include price setting, bundling strategy, discounting process & policy, and supporting product launches and strategic pricing initiatives to support renewal and expansion efforts
8+ years of experience in strategy & operations roles and/or at a management consulting firm
3+ years experience in B2B SaaS pricing
Bonus areas of expertise
Highly analytical and data driven with an excellent proficiency in Excel
Exceptional problem-solving skills, with a highly analytical and inquisitive work style with keen attention to detail -- but also ability to see the big picture
Strong executive-level communication skills with ability to drive cross-functional executive conversations, clearly articulate insights, and influence decision making
Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
Experience working with B2B field sales organizations and in hyper-growth start-up environments
Pricing expertise: mastery of strategic pricing principles, experience with full spectrum of pricing models, familiar with key analytical pricing techniques. Experience setting list, target prices, and discounting
GTM program experience: experience working with B2B field sales teams, driving complex cross-functional programs, and rolling out new products/services/packaging initiatives
Operational experience: demonstrated ability to set and manage to strategic and operational targets, report results, owning operational steps in the sales process, etc.
Financial planning: experience driving or supporting financial planning processes
Proven track record as a people leader and ability to build high-performing teams
MBA, Management Consulting and/or Investment banking experience
- $210,163 - $270,000 per year
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?