Community Manager (Mexico) -- Contractor
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As ClassDojo’s Community Manager in Mexico, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Craft our local market strategy to grow ClassDojo in Mexico
- Identify ways to improve the product to better work for people in Mexico
- Create a thriving community of teachers who love ClassDojo, and will help grow the use of ClassDojo
- Lead our local market research to identify needed product and localization improvements, and ways to improve our distribution strategies
- Engage with, and grow, our local community of product evangelists
- Create content that resonates with teachers, and gives them reason to share more about the ways they benefit from ClassDojo
You will be a match if:
- You have experience as a teacher or educator in Mexico
- You speak both Spanish and English fluently - and you have clear, concise written and spoken communication
- You are results oriented; you move faster than is comfortable - an instigator
- You are a self-starter who works well in resource-constrained environments
- You are a structured problem-solver
- You have a strong perspective on the opportunities for driving adoption of tech products among teachers
- You have demonstrated passion and interest in education technologies that can improve students’ lives
- You have work authorization that does not require sponsorship in your country of residence
- You have Experience creating engaging digital content / engaging on social media beyond a personal account
- You have experience launching end-to-end marketing campaigns
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo's $125m Series D (Forbes) and Sam’s note about it.
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
- ClassDojo's Second Act Comes with First Profits (TechCrunch) and Sam's note about it.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.
Something looks off?