Engineering Leader - Platform
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As an Engineering Leader you'll help build a world class consumer product engineering team that will give every child on Earth an education they love. We seek an inspirational personality who can coach and empower others, strengthen engineering culture and support teams to achieve pioneering outcomes. We value those who create psychological safety, including building a blameless, learning-oriented, curiosity vs judgment culture.
You will be a match if:
- You have at least 10 years of professional software engineering experience
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience managing direct reports
- You are in the Americas time zone
You might be a good fit if:
- You are a talent magnet, capable of attracting world class Software Engineers
- You coach team members for high standards and performance.
- You have experience guiding teams through phases of hypergrowth
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo's $125m Series D (Forbes) and Sam’s note about it.
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
- ClassDojo's Second Act Comes with First Profits (TechCrunch) and Sam's note about it.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.
Something looks off?