Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
We support our Can-doers with comprehensive healthcare plans (medical, dental, and vision), retirement plans, a co-working allowance, life and disability insurance, and paid vacation time, parental leave, and volunteer days. Of course, we also offer a student loan repayment benefit!
Our team is fully remote and is made up of leaders, creators, visionaries, parents, partners, cycling enthusiasts, winemakers, and champion jugglers (yes, really!) living and working all around the world. This role is open to candidates based in the US.
Candidly is on the hunt for a seasoned Solution Architect to enhance our collaborative initiatives with external partners. In this pivotal, fully remote role, you will work closely with internal software engineers to gain a deep understanding of our platform's strengths and weaknesses. Your expertise will be instrumental in crafting integrations that not only meet our partner's expectations but also align with our existing capabilities. This role reports directly to the Head of Solution Architecture in the Engineering department.
- Integration Negotiations: Lead intricate discussions with external partners to outline and negotiate integration scopes and specifications, fostering relationships with technical teams to establish robust partnerships and ensure successful integrations
- Solution Design: Develop comprehensive and scalable solution blueprints that seamlessly integrate with partner systems, adhering to the company’s architectural and business directives
- Internal Collaboration: Establish close collaborations with internal software engineers to grasp the strengths and weaknesses of our platform. Utilize this knowledge to propose solutions that are compatible with our existing capabilities while satisfying partner requirements
- Technical Proficiency: Apply your in-depth knowledge of SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) and data exchange technologies like SFTP and AWS S3 to conceptualize and implement secure and efficient integration strategies, delivering seamless user experiences across platforms
- Technical Leadership: Act as a technical beacon within the company, mentoring teams and providing guidance during the execution of integration projects
- Stakeholder Communication: Serve as a communicator, bridging the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders in Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Product departments; and facilitating understanding and alignment on integration objectives and requirements
- Documentation: Collaborate on documentation detailing integration specifications, including SAML SSO workflows and protocols, assisting in guiding development and testing initiatives
- Quality Assurance and Review: Oversee the development phase to ascertain adherence to integration standards and specifications, conducting rigorous reviews and quality checks
- Continuous Learning and Improvement: Stay abreast of the latest developments in integration technologies, SAML SSO, and data exchange technologies, continually refining the integration strategies and protocols
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of demonstrated experience in solution architecture, particularly focusing on system integrations and partnerships
- Minimum 4 years experience in a related technical role, such as Software Engineer. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar field counts as two years of experience
- Proven expertise in SAML SSO integrations and implementations
- Strong negotiation and liaison skills, capable of harmonizing divergent stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adept at interacting with both technical and business teams
- Familiarity with industry best practices and design patterns relating to system integrations
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.