Partner Project Manager
Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
Candidly is an AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform that addresses the full lifecycle of education expenses, from planning and preparing for college, to borrowing and repaying student debt, to saving for a financially sound tomorrow. The platform can be delivered as an employee benefit or it can be integrated or embedded into a partner’s native experience as part of their financial wellness solution. Candidly partners with leading employers, financial institutions, 401(k) and 403(b) record keepers and more, including UBS, Fiserv, and Salesforce. Founded in 2016, Candidly is backed by leading venture capital and strategic investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Unum, and Vulcan Capital. For more information, visit www.getcandidly.com.
Candidly is remote by design with benefits that support our people's physical, financial and emotional wellbeing. We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), financial wellness, behavioral health and employee lifestyle support programs, life and disability insurance, parental benefits, student loan repayment program and paid time off including 16 hours volunteer time off.
Location: Candidly works remotely by design. There is no physical office building.
The Partner Project Manager role is responsible for managing large-scale implementations, technology integrations and change management projects across our growing partnerships division, supporting revenue generation. The role will be a key part of the deal team, whose responsibilities will include managing workstreams across business development, technology, product, engineering, cyber, data diligence, legal, marketing, customer onboarding and sales enablement. The Partner Project Manager will lead a project team or multiple projects teams simultaneously, while providing critical support between senior leadership, partnership deal leads, business work streams, and delivery teams. This candidate has proven experience in successfully managing large-scale implementations, from pre-sales through launch, as well as prior exposure to sales and/or enterprise partnerships.
- Track-record of project management support for sales, business development and/or strategy implementation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills required to persuasively deliver outcomes across a prospect’s executives, C Suite, Sales, Engineering, Product, Legal, Procurement and Finance
- Practical knowledge of legal documentations, master servicer agreements and statements of work
- Drive Project Execution - Develop project plans with key stakeholder input. Document tasks, duration, dependencies, resources, and major milestones.
- Executive presence externally as well as internally, with ability to identify and build collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Schedule and facilitate project planning meetings and articulate project deliverables..
- Assist and coordinate the collection and translation of business requirements in coordination with Candidly delivery teams and tools.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the preparation of presentation materials for information security review, compliance, risk and legal.
- Oversee software development methodology process (Agile, Kanban) and ensure acceptance criteria is documented and scope delivered as defined/requested by client or partner.
- Project Execution Tracking- Manage the project plan, track and control scope, schedule, and spend. Continuously monitor task execution and resource allocation and alignment to scope throughout the delivery life cycle.
- Risk Mitigation and Escalation - Identify project dependencies, risks and manage remediation of issues, and escalated decisions. Document and gain approval for any change requests in scope, schedule and spend. Consistently monitor and report progress toward milestones and indication of successful execution using Candidly enterprise project management platform, tools and reporting.
- Develop working relationships with key Candidly clients, and both internal and external product owners, business leaders, and project stakeholders.
- Hold stakeholders accountable on commitments and tasks.
- Status Reporting - Measure performance and report back on gaps. Provide clear transparency “truth-teller” of how the plan is progressing. Confirmation and monitoring of stakeholder readiness and satisfaction.
- Conduct post implementation project lessons learned and retrospective sessions.
What we are looking for
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience
- Prior exposure to sales and business development
- Track-record of dual internal/external project management
- Familiarity with employee benefits and/or financial services a plus
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Experience leading technical and product integration projects across multiple organizations
- Experience working in both fast-paced, startup/fintech environments as well as larger, more established companies
- Experience using contemporary project management and collaboration platforms/tools such as the Atlassian Suite (including JIRA and Confluence), Google/G Suite, Slack
- Student Loans/Lending, Banking, Wealth Management, Retirement, Insurance, Financial Services Experience preferred but, not required
Preferred (but not required) education or skills for this role are:
- Agile Scrum Master Certification
- PMP Certification or Equivalent
- Builds Collaborative relationships
- Customer Oriented
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Fostering Teamwork
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solver
- Highly Motivated
- Ability to Pivot
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.