WordPress Senior Developer
As the Web Developer for Aprende Institute you will be responsible for developing the future of our ecommerce product and platform experience, designing solutions to enable our team to scale and to solve business stakeholder needs, and ultimately play a huge role in the evolution and success of not just our websites, but our go-to-market strategy and ability to scale.
You will report to our Technical Web Lead, Director of Development and key stakeholders on developing unique experiences for our students.
Ultimately, you will be an all around WordPress back-end expert ready to break the boundaries of what is possible with custom WordPress products as we grow beyond 20,000 active students.
Our goal is to change the lives of people through turning their passions into their career, so failure is not an option! We want an extremely passionate person who is up for the challenge to help our experienced team succeed on that goal!
- Customize WordPress by developing custom plugins and themes.
- Customize, a lot, and maintain WooCommerce to meet the business requirements.
- Maintain CSS & JS frameworks.
- Develop and maintain JS modules.
- Implement 3rd party services via APIs.
- Suggest and implement best WPO practices to continually improve product performance.
- Participate in application design and architecture to meet business requirements.
- Work with the Tech Lead and the Product Management team to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Provide documentation as required.
- Ensure high-performance and availability, and manage all technical aspects of the front-end.
- Be a problem solver, which means you will need to be hands-on – You can’t be afraid of getting in the weeds.
- +5 years as a PHP Back-end Developer.
- +3 years of WordPress development.
- Solid understanding of WordPress Core.
- Solid understanding of the MVC pattern.
- Proven experience customizing WooCommerce.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Experience with Git and npm.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Xdebug, Firebug, Chrome Dev Tools, etc.
- Good understanding of WPO metrics, concepts and techniques: Lazy Load, Defer and Async, Tree Shaking, Critical CSS, Critical rendering path, First Contentful Paint, Preloading, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent styles across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layouts and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Proven expertise with responsive design standards.
- Experience with WordPress REST API & WordPress Headless.
- WooCommerce specialist.
- Salary in USD.
- Hybrid: once per week in HIT Cañitas (in case you live in Buenos Aires).